Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Update, my mate

The last time I posted something, it was.... welll.... too long to remember. So lets just update a lil, shall we?

  • I finished my Junior year. If this year has taught me anything, it's that school sucks. And AP United States History is not as fun as I thought it would be. However, I have become friends with new people and even better friends with other comrades. Ole`.

Me, First day of Junior year: So young, so naive.
  • With the end of Junior year, comes Senior year. This is the last summer of my childhood. As I turn 18 this September, I look back on my life. Almost every good memory was made in the summer. Next summer, I will be facing a whole new ball game: College. And it felt like just yesterday when I started kindergarten. Feel old yet? Me too. 
  • I'm watching a lot of movies.I So I can prepare myself, of course. For College! I have my eyes set on Colorado Film School in Aurora as of now, but still checking other places out. I am also setting my sights on changing my middle name to "Netflix". I'm on it all the time anyway, so why not? Lauren Netflix Minder...Lauren Marie-Netflix Minder....Netflix Minder....Netflix....Netflix....
  •  I went to a funeral today. It was for an 18-year-old kid who just graduated a month ago from East. I had History with him sophomore year, and I sat across the room from him everyday. The thing is, I never said even a simple "hello". He went to my church. I saw him in the halls. But nothing. Saturday, he was riding his motorcycle a lil too fast and crashed into a guard rail. My dad had to do the funeral and it was just heart breaking to see so many people there whose lives were touched by him, weeping. My dad said "If there is one good thing that comes out of this tragedy, let it be that someone's eyes were opened." Mine were. I will never take someone for granted like that. Starting now, I will never regret not befriending someone again. Life is too short to have regrets like "if only I knew them better." No. 
So, what's next?
Well, Senior year for sure, and a whole lot more carpe diem-ing. (I don't think that's even a word but whatever) After that, who knows? Maybe Colorado Film School, maybe not. But I will seize every day, every moment. 

Dead Poets Society: Seize the Day

End of the Junior year, in front of water and rocks. Wearing an Avengers muscle t shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment