Friday, August 31, 2012

The "Audrey" Photo shoot with Violette Bray

 Whenever I think of Violette Bray, I think of dolls.

Violette and I met 8 years ago at a Mother's Day tea party at our church. We both had one thing we loved: American Girls. 
For those of you who live under a rock and don't know what American Girl is, let me explain.
American Girl is a company that makes dolls from characters in books about historical times in America's history. Violette had a Samantha doll, a girl from 1904, while I had a Josefina doll, a girl from 1864 living in New Mexico. I absolutely loved American Girl dolls, books, and magazines, and I felt like I was the only one in Cheyenne, Wyoming to even know American Girl existed. It's actually a pretty big deal. This little company grew to become a huge industry and now they have movies, clothing, stores in Chicago and New York, and a magazine. If you don't believe me, go to www.americangirl.com. It's insane.

So when I met Violette, I couldn't believe that she knew what I was talking about. And then I was ecstatic when she told me she had a doll. 

After that, we became good friends, and the rest is history. 

As we grew up, we started to have new interests. While I became very interested into photography, she started to have a interest in fashion. 

Violette's all time favorite movie is "Breakfast at Tiffany's", so we decided to re-create Audrey Hepburn's iconic dashing look.


























"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment